Baby perishes in fire
A baby died in a fire in Waterworks, Westmoreland last evening.
The child, who was 15 weeks old, has been identified as Kashwany Jackson.
Reports from the Savanna La Mar Police are that about 8:30 p.m., the child’s mother allegedly left him at home at baggy road, to go to a nearby shop.
Neighbours reportedly saw fire coming from the house and alerted the police, as well as the fire department.
The Savanna La Mar Fire Department responded and conducted cooling down operations.
During the operations, the baby's charred remains were found inside the house.
Meanwhile, the estimated cost of the properties destroyed is $1.5 million.
Firefighters say the house was not insured.