7 persons remain quarantined in gov’t facilities being monitored for Coronavirus

by February 17th, 2020

Health Minister Dr. Christopher Tufton has confirmed that only seven individuals remain quarantined in government facilities where they are being monitored for the Novel Coronavirus Covid-19.

The Minister made the revelation while speaking at a tour of the National Influenza Centre this morning, (February 17).

He noted that more than 60 persons remain in home quarantine.

Dr. Tufton said the ministry is also assessing several areas as prospective quarantine sites.

Meantime, Dr. Tufton maintained that the St. Joseph’s Hospital will be used as a quarantine facility if needs be.

He added that no one is in isolation at this time.

And Health Minister Dr. Christopher Tufton has sought to assure that the country is working assiduously with its international partners to protect citizens against the Novel Corona-virus.

The virus which was first discovered in Wuhan, China last month, has infected more than 71,000 people around the world, mostly in China.

The death toll now stands at 1,775, with the virus having spread to 25 countries.

Speaking today during a tour of the National Influenza Centre, Dr. Tufton said transparency is necessary as the country tackles the unknown with the Novel Coronavirus.

The Health Minister noted that the support of the country continues to be an important part of keeping the Coronavirus out.