The Reggae Month IRIE FM Music Awards is a radio program awarding the best and most popular elements of our music and culture during the past year.
Celebrating almost 32-years of playing only indigenous Jamaican music, IRIE FM, the island’s leading radio station, became a media powerhouse by
embracing the art form of those artists who were never given a chance to be heard on radio. Today, IRIE FM – Roots, Rocking, Reggae Radio will continue its mission to honour our own.
On Tuesday, March 1, tune into IRIE FM for the live broadcast of the return of The Reggae Month IRIE FM Music Awards!! Live only on your Roots, Rocking,
Reggae Radio! and across our social media platforms.
• The IRIE FM Music Awards first started on Valentine’s Day, February 14, in 2006.
• It was the brainchild of senior radio presenter Ainsworth ‘Big A’ Higgins who had been a long-time advocate for the awards. He led the team for three years – 2006, 2007, and 2008.
• On February 9, 2022 the return of the IRIE FM Music Awards was launched during the station’s Wake Up Call and E-Buzz on air programmes where the complete list of nominees was announced.
• The Nomination include IRIE FM and other radio and TV personalities, industry players, and journalists. The voting process has three levels which include a team of industry professionals, and an auditing firm to ensure fairness and transparency.
• Final voting for the Reggae Month IRIE FM Music Awards was done on Thursday in Kingston. A committee comprising of Industry professionals under the watchful eyes of the auditing firm, HLB Mair Russell attended the over two hour session where the voting took place in 19 categories.
• The ballots were counted on Thursday, February 10, by the auditors, and the results are now under lock and key. No one else knows who the winners are.
• The Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sports.
• Digicel – Better together.
• Guinness – It’s Guinness Time!
• Boom – Ready, Set, Boom!