With the Carnival Sunrise vessel expected to make its second call, post Covid-19 at the Ocho Rios port in St. Ann on Wednesday, consultations have been held with various stakeholders, who expressed disgruntlement, about some of the protocols implemented at the pier.
Concerns were raised by craft vendors and tour bus operators, over their lack of access to the tourists.
This was due, in part to the tight protocols implemented, as a result of the Covid pandemic.
Speaking with Irie FM news, Senior Advisor and Communication Strategist in the Tourism Ministry, Delano Seiveright, said the ministry has taken steps, to ensure persons benefit from the ship’s visit, despite the stringent health protocols.
Mr. Seiveright said, the ministry is aware of the concerns regarding the ship’s first call last week.
He added, that there was a lot of misunderstanding on the part of some stakeholders.