The Education Ministry is to meet tomorrow with the mother of the 7 year old boy who was killed by a garbage truck at school last month, to discuss assistance with funeral expenses.
The ministry says, this is in keeping with the commitment made by Minister with responsibility for Education, Karl Samuda, following the death of Benjamin Bair that the ministry will cover the full costs associated with his funeral.
The education ministry in a statement today, says it has asked the family for invoices from the funeral home, so that the arrangements for payment can be made.
It explains that as is standard procedure, a critical incident file is submitted and processed and then sent to the Attorney General’s chambers for processing and determination for payment.
The statement says, a ministry officer who spoke with Benjamin’s mother, Japhine Campbell last Friday, arranged to meet with her and representatives of the Clan Carthy primary school tomorrow, to discuss her plans and guide her through acquiring and submitting bills and invoices related to the burial.
It’s reported that a garbage truck overturned on the boy on October 29, on the school grounds.