Health ministry reports 63 dengue related deaths since last year

by November 28th, 2019

Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Jacqueline Bisasor-Mckenzie says, there have been 63 dengue related deaths between 2018 and November 21 of this year.

Speaking at a press conference at the Ministry of Health and Wellness in Kingston today, (November 28), she noted that, of the sixty-three dengue related deaths, most of them were children below fourteen years old.

Dr. Bisasor-Mckenzie said, that most of these deaths, are due to the cases being presented late at health facilities.

She added that, early intervention and preventative measures are still key in the fight against dengue.

Dr. Bisasor-Mckenzie noted that, there are continued measures, including public education and reviewing of dengue cases, to boost the fight against dengue.